Saturday, January 28, 2012

MAYBELLINE EYE STUDIO COLOR TATTOO 24HR CREAM GEL SHADOW REVIEW/SWATCHES




Left: Audacious asphalt ------- Right: Bad To The Bronze

REVIEW:
Where to find them?
Any drugstore/grocery store or wherever Maybelline is sold. You can try online as well
How much are they?
Depends where you go. Wal-mart is probably the cheapest and for all my Canadians, Shoppers Drugmart is going to be the most expensive...but they are having a sale right now (Jan 28/12) they are $5.99 each and thats a dollar cheaper then Wal-Mart was.

First off, talking about the packaging...I love the basic and sleek look to this product. I love how its a thick sterdy re-usable jar that displays the color and names very clearly. You get a lot of product and its easy to get every last drop. I believe they have 9 different colors out. Most Ive seen are shimmery or have chunky glitter in it and there was only one shade that was matte. There is a good balance between  neutrals and brights but I wish there was more matte shades and more skin tone shades to choose from. I dont know if they are coming out with more colors. The pigmentation is excellent in this product and when applying, what you see in the jar is what you get on your eyes. As far as the claim to last 24 hours, I believe that to be true. I swatched a few in the store and washed my hands with hot water and soap multiple times and it did not budge. As far as my eyes, like I said, amazing pigmentation...you get the exact color on your lid and it gives a gracious amount of time to apply and blend perfectly before drying completely and becoming crease proof. (1-2 minutes to fully dry) Once dry, you can apply shadows over it or leave it by itself. Either way, they do not crease in any way, shape or form and they do not move until you decide to take it off. It does not fade either. I find using shadows overtop intensify the color and almost make my shadows last longer and they do not budge either. As far as removing it, makeup remover or a makeup wipe and slight scrubbing will get it off just fine.

Verdict:
10/10

For being so widely available and such a great price with an awesome shade selection for everyone, this product blows my mind! Ive never used anything like it and it even blows my MAC paintpots out of the water. Im planning to get one or two more because they are going to be a great product to throw on my lids for the Summer time!

Definitely go pick one up and try it for yourselves. You wont regret it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment