Saturday, May 12, 2012

Month #4 Braces ...3rd Appointment Update

I had my third appointment today and it was the longest appointment I've had to date other then getting my braces put on.

Quick little update on my last ortho vist: I had 3 brackets removed from all my problem teeth to make for easier brushing. I had an active coil put in the top left tooth to make room as it is turned in slightly. My 3 crooked bottom teeth still have inactive coils but the wire is making room all on its own (we have to go slow with those teeth to avoid gum graphing). I had semi light wires in and havent started my rubber bands yet.

Today I had the last 4 brackets on my very back teeth put on and got a slightly stronger wire replaced and because the back brackets were placed on today, I had to top up my "stoppers" on my back teeth so I dont bite down on the new brackets. My appointment was approx one hour and has been by far the most painful. Every appointment Ive gone to I feel an imediate feeling of tightness when the wire is placed back on and it usually subsides a within about 30 minutes and there is a dull ache that day and the next day while eating but today has been extremely tight and uncomfortable for me. I started to notice a lot of pain about 3 hours after treatment and its slowly becoming worse and its almost impossible for me to eat. Using any sort of pressure to chew is pretty unbearable. Im used to this for about 2 days so I hope it doesnt last any longer then that. Im still getting used to the back brackets and my cheeks are taking a bit of a toll. I can see myself getting sores sometime this week from the friction of the brackets. Topping up the stoppers is always an annoyance because my back teeth dont touch together and the sensation of chewing food is thrown off a bit. Still no instruction to use my rubberbands yet.

Its day two and the pain is still really bad. A lot of pressure and tightness and I can BARELY chew anything and even brushing my teeth was extremely sore. Im going to take some advil and see if that helps. Will update on next appointment in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment